Sunday, May 6, 2012

Kini oruko mi ni Yoruba?

Guess my name correctly and you are in the running to win some fresh nigerian produce!
Eugenia jambos(African apple flower and fruits.JPG
African apple tree, fruits and flowers (Eugenia  jambos)
I am a humble fruit. Vilified since the days of Adam an Eve! I come in many flavors and colors. You can use me to bake delicious pies! You can eat me raw. The yorubas have a name for me.

 Kini oruko mi ni yoruba?

Please leave your answers below in the comment section. Winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries. Winner gets some fresh ogede dodo, courtesy of Mrs Babatunde of the Tropical food store in Montgomery, Alabama. 

Thank you ma'm!


Funke Abolade, M.D.

Social/publicity Secretary

8 comments:

  1. Oruko mi ni Yoruba ni: Eso oro oyinbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the answer but am banned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate these a lot as a child cause my aunty and uncle had 2 or 3 apple trees in their yard. I have to confess that I don't know what it is called in Yoruba. I grew up in Lagos and I have to admit that I never had the Yoruba name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mr or Mrs anonymous! I had one of those exact trees near my house and remember the sweet pink fruit but not the name. If you would put your name on the comment so we know who you are...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ESO ORO OYINBO

    Jide Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  6. May 8 Anonymous comment was posted by Mrs Folake Sodeke. So is the answer Eso Oro Oyinboo as posted by others or did I miss the answer comment?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You missed the answer in my last email to all.The answer is ita , pronounced "E as in the letter e, and tar' E tar", according to the Babatundes,the originator of the quiz. Thanks to all for participating in this quiz.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - Leave a message!