Saturday, July 30, 2011

Reminds me of home...


(Part of a display of Yoruba / Nigerian items at Montgomery Academy, Montgomery Alabama. feb /11)



I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

I've had "home" on my mind lately and I thought I would post this picture as a reminder of some of the things in our homes here in the USA that reminds us of "home" back in Nigeria. 

The Adediji's and my family (Abolades) were active participants in putting that display together for Montgomery Academy students and promoting our home and culture earlier this year. I dare say we forever changed the opinion of those young impressionable kids on what it means to be  a yoruba person from Nigeria / Africa. 

 No doubt everyone of us could look around their homes and find something that has the essence of Nigeria in it, including our very being ourselves. In the end, no matter how far we travel, North, East, South or West, home still is the best!


Send me pictures of anything you'd like me to feature that reminds you of "home"....

Have a wonderful weekend y'all!

Funke Abolade

Social / Publicity secretary

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Dr Fadamiro. Adura nla le gba yen o. Just trying to encourage and get others to get on board following our blog and getting a conversation going...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Abolade, e se pupo. oma dara gan ni. nise ni moun pada lo wo blog naa. Awon photo ye da gan ni. Awon ore mi towa ni NY ati Tx nise loun ya won lenu. Egbe yi ko ni daru o. Ase.

    Laitan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr (Mrs) Abolade, just to thank you once again for your service to the association. I sent the newsletter to our adult son (Seyi) who lives in Baton Rouge. He was very amazed. Here's an excerpt from his response.....
    "The website looks really impressive even though the organization just recently started. I'm impressed by the members' volunteering spirit. The organization's excitement and enthusiasm is very obvious. I hope the passionate spirit and people's relentless efforts will continue to solidify the organization, with direct positive impact on the Yoruba culture, and in the communities in AL"

    Fadamiro

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great. You are amazing. Doing great job.
    Also, Please check out my game Traffic Racing .
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Go on - Leave a message!