Friday, December 9, 2011

Home for Christmas...


We'll be home for Christmas...

I love Christmas, don't you?
 I love the story of the first Christmas itself, the reason for the season, the music, the decorations and the general niceties that take place between Thanksgiving & Christmas. Everyone wishes you a happy holidays and they actually smile at you! If only the spirit would extend beyond the season. I live in hope...

Really I'm in the mood for Christmas all year long as I do my shopping as the year goes by. 
Ho Ho Ho, Merry Xmas in the family room!
 I start begging my husband in early November to bring down the Christmas tree from the attic. It takes him about 2-3 weeks to hear my pleas on that one.. ( He says, "isn't it a bit too early?")

 Our mantle decorated for  Christmas 

I start the process of decorating and decking my halls a week or two before thanksgiving. I figured that if I am going to take the time to decorate, then I'd like to enjoy it  for maybe 4 to 6 weeks.

The dining room fully decked out for Xmas..
I'm not sure what my family makes of it - you see, I live in an all male household, except for me (o, for a little girl to call my own!). I twist the boys' arms to help me string the ornaments. It takes my little boy another 4-5 days to absorb it all then he reads the inscription on the tree "happy holidays, mummy?" he says. Yes it is, baby.Yes it is... 
Our christmas tree...

The elves in my home office climbing up the ladder..
Then its christmas eve and the kids can't wait.  It's a family tradition to open one small gift under the tree. And finally, it's here!

 Can you hear the jingle bells?

It is the only day my 11 year old wakes up at 5am and says "can we open presents now?' There is now a house rule that no one wakes us up before 7am on Christmas morn....
A little tree in the master bedroom to bring the holiday cheer upstairs..
I'm sorry when it's all over but at the same time, I'm glad and ready to see it go away because I know it'll be back in 365 days, the twinkling of an eye really when you think about it...

Are you anticipating or dreading the season?
Do you deck your halls with boughs of holly?
Keep the joy of the season in perspective
And remember the reason for the season
 And it'all be just as in many christmases past....

  Funke Abolade, M.D

Social/Publicity secretary

2 comments:

  1. We are in the spirit of Christmas. It is a great season indeed, I love to drive around viewing the decorations. The anticipation is amazing, I wish it is Christmas everyday. I love the Christmas decorations I will be coming to grab some ideas.
    Merry Christmas and happy holiday to all.
    Rakiya Adediji.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can come any time. I grabbed the decorating ideas from others too!

    ReplyDelete

Go on - Leave a message!