Friday, February 24, 2012

Part 4 - Black History Month = Yoruba History Month


*This special moment in Yoruba History was brought to us courtesy of Dr Adediji, our association president. I think I know the answer here but it would be an unfair advantage on my part as I got to see the quiz first. Anyway. Have a go at it!

So Who am I
I was a powerful woman of the early 19th century Yoruba land. I was rich, famous and greatly influential perhaps only second in status to the traditional head of my city himself.

I was a strict disciplinarian and I ruled my household and businesses with an iron fist. Sometimes the measure of judgment and punishment I meted out was inconsistent with the customs of the land.

You crossed my path, and you were swiftly executed!

By executing one too many, I went too far and finally fell from Grace to Grass. I was confronted and finally died in the hand of the great traditional leader of my city where I was a chieftain.

Do you know my name?

The first correct entry wins a prize!

 Note also: Identifying the Traditional ruler by name would also earn a special prize.

Funke Abolade, M.D.

Social Secretary.

2 comments:

  1. Madam Efunroye Tinubu iyalode egba.the king was oba okukenu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pls let me play along too as I don't have the answer from Dr Adediji already.

    I beg to differ. I think it was Efunsetan Aniwura, and the king was Bashorun Ogunmola.

    ReplyDelete

Go on - Leave a message!